Michael Ritzius is a veteran science teacher working at a technical high school in New Jersey. He is a creator of the Integrated Studies Program at Camden County Technical School; a hybrid online and face to face environment where the entire curriculum is blended both horizontally and vertically. Here, content is taught in an asynchronous and project based manner with support occurring in a more traditional classroom setting.
Michael is a co-founder of Edcamp, a grassroots professional development movement, and organizes Edcamp Philly locally. He is also the creator of the SciDo Collaborative, an online international community of science educators.He has held leadership positions in his local chapter of NJEA for the majority of his career.
Michael holds a Master’s degree in Education Leadership from Wilmington University and is an alumnus of Ursinus College.
Talks and Presentations
Topic: Integrated Studies Program
- Rutgers University Institute for Improving Student Achievement,–January 2010
- Wilmington University – Graduate School of Education – March 2010
- BLC10 – Building Learning Communities Conference by November Learning – July 2010
- Edscape – October 2011
Topic: Integrating Google Apps into the Classroom
- NJEA Technology Integration Conference at Richard Stockton College – May 2010
- NJEA Technology Integration Conference at Richard Stockton College– August 2011
- NJPSA Fall Conference – October 2011
Topic: Using Google Reader to Build a Personal Learning Network
- NJEA Convention – November 2010
Topic: Evernote for Collaborative, Cross-Curricular Planning
- NJEA Convention, – November 2010
Topic: Standards Based Grading
- Educon 2.3 – January 2011
Topic: Networked Professional Learning Communities
- From My Classroom to Yours, Richard Stockton College – March 2011
- National Science Teacher Association
- International Society for Technology in Education
- New Jersey Education Association